Monday, March 23, 2015

Art Inspired Poems


Inspired by “Wings of a Dream”
A crescent moon rises
in a pale blue sky
while jagged mountains stand sentinel.
A maiden sleeps
above the blissful deeps
of her valley down below.
A falcon flies, stern and proud,
above her sleeping form.
It calls to her, and awakens her spirit,
trapped in mortal skin.
Freed in sleep, it answers the cry,
and springs into the night.
On rainbow wings, she flies and sings,
with her guardian the falcon.















Inspired by “Totem”
The opulent water
shimmers and swirls below me
rippling with the hues of sunrise.
The water clears before me,
stilled under the intensity of my gaze,
and reveals my own eyes staring back
from the face of a mighty wolf.
Dark brown eyes transition to molten gold.
But the light of curiosity within them stays the same.
I stare at the wolf in the water.
My reflection.
My guide.
My totem.



1 comment:

  1. I can see why you were drawn to these pieces, their connection to the earth and nature and something bigger than what we can see in front of us.

    ReplyDelete